Best St Augustine Breakfast
Eggs, 4 large
Hot Sauce, 1/8 tsp
Butter, unsalted, 2 sticks melted
Lemon Juice, 2 tsp
Water, 4 tsp
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water, taking care to not let the buttom of the bowl touch the water.- Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, hot sauce, and water until the mixture turns a pale yellow.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the bowl from the pot, whisking vigorously.
- Add the melted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Continue whisking until the butter has melded with the mixture.
- Keep warm until served.