Best St Augustine Breakfast
Spanish-Inspired Four-Cheese Casserole with Chorizo
- Shredded cheese (Sharp Cheddar, White Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, and Swiss), 3 cups
- Powdered mustard (Coleman’s), 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper. ½ tsp each
- Eggs, 9 extra large
- Half-and-Half cream, 3/4 cup
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Chorizo, 1 cup cooked (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9/5" round glass Pyrex baking dish.
- Spread cheese on bottom of baking dish.
- Mix powdered mustard, salt, and pepper into a bowl.
- Wisk in until smooth 2 tablespoons of half-and-half.
- Add eggs, chorizo, and the remaining half-and-half.
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Give the dish a little shake to ensure the cheese and chorizo are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Top with fresh made salsa and sour cream or serve on the side.