Best St Augustine Breakfast
Myra's Blueberry Bites
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust, 1 box
- Fresh blueberries, 1-3/4 cups
- Sugar, 4 tsbp
- Cornstarch, 1 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour, 1/3 cup
- Shredded Coconut, 1/4 cup
- Butter or Margarine, 3 tbsp, softened
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll both pie crusts on work surface.
- With 4 half-inch round cutters, cut 4 rounds from each piece of crust.
- Fit those rounds into 8 ungreased regular sized-muffin cups, gently pressing in the bottom of each piece and pinching the top edges to form a rim.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 2 tbsp of the sugar and corn starch.
- Divide the berry mixture among the pastry-lined muffin cups.
- In a separate small bowl, mix until crumbly (with fork or pastry blender) the flour, coconut, butter, and remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Spoon mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until the berries begin to bubble.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from muffin cups and place on cooling rack.