Best St Augustine Breakfast
Baked French Toast
French bread, 1-1/2 loaves cut into 1" slices
Milk, 2 cups
Half-n-Half Cream, 1-1/2 cups
Vanilla extract, 2 tsp
Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground
Butter, 3/4 cups
Brown sugar, 1 cup
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish; arrange the slices of break in the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The Next Morning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, and brown sugar. Heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.